Sunday, August 19, 2007

Vote Summer

As my three week venture back to 1986 ends, I find myself wanting nothing more then to go back. I honestly would give it all up to relive July 2007 over and over in a more graphic version of the film Groundhog Day.

Things are interestingly easy when you get over not having a PC around. You read the newspaper more, and with more focus. I watched alot more TV, proving to the masses that this was actually possible. I fell out of my addiction to fantasy sports without the shakes. I actually watched more MLS then MLB. It was relaxing, and I didn't even have to leave the CT River Valley. I found that my mind worked differently. It was cool, I didn't feel the need to start the revolution. I was like a kid again, thinking about voting a Clinton into the White House and sitting on a porch eating plums like they were candy.

Then life shoots you in the face. I paid the piper, and got my PC back all fixed up. Life immediately returned to "normal", knowing that the events of August 2007 had rocked my world to its core.

I spent alot of time reading about the Enlightenment. Rousseau, though mentally unbalenced was actually right, man's need to use logic can cause further alienation. So lets throw reason out the door for now, as I take a plunge into a new wave....


Summer Quick Hits....


This has been the Summer of Daniel Sunjata. His role of Franco on "Rescue Me" has continued to destroy the show, while his take on Reggie Jackson on "The Bronx is Burning" has been huge for unintentional comedy all summer long. Despite this mediocore/generic tact, Sunjata has staked his claim to future straight to DVD action movies for years to come....

Hearing Scott Baio utter the phrase "Dizzy Broad" was a new high in the relm of Reality TV. I think if that show was on CBS, it would be the most watched show of the year. Chachi's list of past girlfriends is staggering, and should have been enough for him to have ended up on the honorable mention portion of my list of Greatest Americans Ever... my bad.

The Flava Flav resurrgence, and the tone it has created on how outsiders view Black entertainers, has set the African American community back decades. Some where Chuck D is sitting in a corner rocking back and forth trying not to cry.

This season of "Rescue Me" was supposed to mark a triumphant return, but I have got to say, this is turning out to be as uneven a season of TV as has ever existed. At least it has gotten me interested in the Nip/Tuck season this fall, but that is all.

The episode of No Reservation in Beirut is just awesome. One of the truest portraits of life in the middle east during the July of '06 Israel/Hezbollah war on American network TV. Gripping....

I hate the Yankees. "The Bronx is Burning" has sucked more as the present and past Yankee teams play better. With that said, Oliver Platt's clownish portrail of Steinbrenner is always good TV.

Frank Caliendo is actually talented. Who knew? And no, he is not realated to me despite our feakishly similar ponch.

If John Edwards wins the primary, he can thank Rolling Stone Magazine for the slurp job of an article in the last issue.

After watching Season Two of "Rome" on DVD, I have come to the conclusion that Mark Antony is one of the most interesting figures in History. Definately in the top 50.........mmmmm.....

I bought both a green and white KG #5 shirt this week. The Celtics are actually more on the mind then the Pats right now. Freaking wild.....

Please tell me what the difference is between Nascar and traffic?

If Tennis ever returns to the mainstream, it will be because this week's Pilot Pen in the Haven. fo' sure

Please tell me, is the MMA stuff human cock fighting? Can I bet on Little Jerry?
Whatever happened to Kevin Spacey?

There is only one thing to be said about the Sox right now...here you go...

Well, now it is that time of year again, time to get back to work...First assignment for the students....Name the top 5 Greatest Americans ever....

Deus Impeditio Esuritori Nulius....

No comments: