Saturday, October 6, 2007

I’ve got a Golden Ticket…..

“Got my indignation, but I am pure in all my thoughts…I’m alive”-Eddie Vedder

I saw “Into the Wild” Friday night at Cinema City in H-town. My reaction was not so much to immediately hop in my car and drive to the west and live off the land as much as it was to hop in The Soob and go watch the Indians trounce the Yankees.

There is a special feeling one gets watching the Yankees lose with a bunch of Yankee fans. Its like not being a drunk and going to an AA meeting. It is taking personal pleasure in the misery of a particularly soulless group of people. You are filled with pride; the joy of knowing your self esteem is at its peak performance. This far outweighs the self loathing that typically dominates my life, so a break in the clouds was nice. Of coarse the mammoth blast by Manny capped off the perfect sporting evening.

The funniest moment of the week was Marion Jones’s teary eyed confession on the courthouse steps that she was a juicer. As someone who read Game of Shadows, the announcement was about 4 years too late. I mean, did “she” even have actual credibility anymore anyways? Don’t all Track athletes these days supplement their Wheaties with massive dosages of the Clear? At least she did it to avoid 10 years in jail. Gold medals are not worth a dime in the joint. Somewhere Dwight Stone’s long national nightmare is over. The rest of us can continue to live our lives not caring at all that the Summer Olympics are under a year away from starting. The Over/Under has got to be 50 Gold Medals for China. I’m taking the Over.

Rodney Harrison returned to the Pats this week. He was a psycho before. I just hope he does not decapitate someone this weekend. Kellen Winslow is going to wish he was back on the bike….HGH is a hell of a drug….

The C’s look characteristically out of sorts in the first exhibition game in Rome. It will take time to work out the kinks. There were certainly flashes of brilliance, but no prolonged stretches of domination. It was interesting to see Tony Allen exploding through the lane so soon. I would have figured it would be more then nine months for his knee to stabilize to that level. Eddie House was also a pleasant surprise, though his D is a huge liability..

The Bruins are 1-1. I think it should be considered donating to charity to discuss the NHL in public. They are “caught between confusion and pain…paaaaiiinnnn…”

With all the losses so far this season by traditional powerhouses in college football, if UConn can some how run the table we will be talkin' BCS in January. Keep in mind they still have to play Virginia, Louisville, West Virginia, The Cuse, Cincy, South Florida, and Rutgers. I can taste the Orange Bowl.

The Cubs were eliminated by a young Arizona squad. I guess the Cubs organization should stop worrying about who is going to sing during the seventh inning stretch and more about some pitching and hitting in the playoffs. They will be happy to know Zambrano would have been strong enough to start in game 4. Nice work Sweet Lou, enjoy your Chi Town sized serving of GFY.

The Rockies are awesome. They do not play boring baseball. Too bad I voted earlier this year to have the team contracted for the betterment of the league. Opps!

John Oliver is still way funnier then Chevy Chase.

This week...The Sox move on to the ALCS, The Pats continue to take it to Pleasure Town, and I get less then 4 hours of sleep a night....

So Let It Be Written, So Let It Be Done.....

No comments: