Friday, July 6, 2007

Summer Homework

Who is the Greatest American Ever?

This is nearly impossible to answer. We have been so inundated with first the instituionalized hero worship and now the whorification of the country, that it has been easy to lose site of the important people who have had the most impact on the nation. We are all the products of what we see and hear, and our perspectives are often rose colored and hangover induced.

Why am I doing this? ......Because everything I say is important.


In the coming weeks, I am going to try to cut through the spin and revisionist history to create a list of the 25 Greatest Americans Ever. The devil will not be appearing on the list, I think.

The greatest super group ever will not make an appearence for obvious reasons.

Also, the makers of This would have made it, but then S.A.S convinced me otherwise.

And suggestions are welcome.

1 comment:

IC said...

Great topic! After a bit of thought, I have a top seven with which I am comfortable. Five were founding fathers, one was 19th century, one was 20th century.

I very much look forward to the list.